We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Low Disk Memory

mark3986

Likes # 0

Hi i keep getting a message of low disk memory and my hard drive is currently red with just 11oMb free from a possible 232GB but there isnt much on my computer and im only recently started getting it ive tried cleaning with ccleaner and disk clean up and defragging and restarting comp but not fixed it yet help please

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

wont let me download anything rdave13

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

it wont let me download anything rdave13

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The folders with the blue text are usually compressed. Just a thought, do you use Win 7's back-up facility? I've never used it so can't really advise on that one.

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

no i dont think so mate how do i check

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try going to safe mode, tapping F8 (or F5 in some cases) on booting and find system restore and try to restore to an earlier time. Seems to work better that way. link

Then run your security programs. See if you can download windirstat.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Cross posting. To check if windows backup has been set then go to control panel and select 'backup and restore. If you have 'set backup showing then it's not running.

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

super anti spyware came back with nowt my ccleaner sticks at a resident evil torrent that was put in recycle bin but bin is empty mse has come back nowt and ive lost mbam through this problem help please

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try running SAS in safe mode. I think you need to register to a dedicated malware removal site. Bleeping Computers is a good one, though, if you search there are many more. Whichever you choose stick to one only. Very important you do so. Let us know how you get on.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

super anti spyware and ccleaner will not do nothing for a virus

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If it is a virus. Malware sometimes takes combofix or vundo removal to remove. Hence my humble opinion to go to a malware removal forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...