We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Low Disk Memory

mark3986

Likes # 0

Hi i keep getting a message of low disk memory and my hard drive is currently red with just 11oMb free from a possible 232GB but there isnt much on my computer and im only recently started getting it ive tried cleaning with ccleaner and disk clean up and defragging and restarting comp but not fixed it yet help please

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look again in Ccleaner and check how many restore points you have. Found under the tools icon. Sometimes this problem can occur if you have a backup program that goes a bit haywire.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Is that supposed to be 110Mb if it is then the drive is just about full and windows as no room to work. First thing you could do if your PC is working Okay without any other Problems is Turn Restore off on all drive Partitions then turn it back on and create one new restore point. This will give you back some space, You need to find out what is taking up all the drive.

Like this post
Joe G

Likes # 0

If it is running Vista it could well be restore points though I'd be surprised if they were taking up 232 Gb. I only have a 32Gb system drive on my laptop and SR is constantly eating it up so have to reduce number of restore points regularly

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

windows 7 and there is no restore points in my ccleaner menu and yes woodchip the number changes its gone to 0 bytes free from 232Gb

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

ive turned my system restore off and its changed to 20.0KB free

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If this is not taken up by your Docs Photos and Music, You have a Virus. As this is one of the ways they work

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

got no docs,pics on it and ive got mse and super and mbam on there

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

some of my programme folders in my C: are black some are blue

Like this post
mark3986

Likes # 0

windows 7 and there is no restore points in my ccleaner menu and yes woodchip the number changes its gone to 0 bytes free from 232Gb

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No restore points? Unusual. Windirstat will show what is filling your HDD. windirstat

Read the help files and see whats on the HDD. Don't use the program to delete anything incase you delete some Windows files. Use it just to 'read' the drive. Might give some indication on what is going on. Might be worth running Ccleaner first to make space for it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger