We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acronis disk director

Sapins
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just tried to use the acronis forum, I'm now arranging to have some teeth pulled!

The problem is I installed true image 2010 and disk director on windows 7, when I opened disk director I got the BSOD and it took a while to recover my system. I have tries several times to uninstall disk director but the entry remains in control panel but is not shown in programmes, every attempt to remove it is shown as a restore point! I have tried to install DD from the cd but all I get is "copying files" "preparing to install" and then after some hard drive activity, nothing. The message " setup was interrupted before Disk doctor could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again, this does not work. both of these programmes worked ok on XP Home.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Try Rvo Uninstaller Free

Revo

Like this post
RGB76

Likes # 0

I have both those programs installed on my Vista machine ansd they work just fine, but they do not work on my Windows-7 PC. had to buy the version 11 and that works ok.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

True Image 2010 works fine it's disk director I have the problem with, I've just used Revo, thanks for the link rawprawn, and it seems to have done the trick, now to see if I can instaldisk director from the cd.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Disk Director has installed first time, I knew I should have come straight here for the answer, thanks again guys,

regards,

Sapins.

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

Cannot understand why you wanted to load it, I run it from the CD at boot as you only need it on the odd occasion. Just booting from the CD is all that's needed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......