We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer 9 latest thoughts?

compumac

Likes # 0

I never download any new update/software at its first announcement, and wonder as to IE9's suitability. I am being continually prompted to download it and have not seen any current adverse comments. Anyone care to comment?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

I like ie9 uncluttered appearance although I find the back button very slow to respond, its quicker to shut the browser down and start again! Don't know if this is just my computer or do others have this problem?

Like this post
Furkin

Likes # 0

My desktop won't download IE9. It did download W7 SP1.

but

my laptop did download IE9,,,, but it won't download SP1 ? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I havn't had any problems with IE9 on the desktop,,,, in fact I can't see a lot of difference between that & IE8.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem as mooly had with having to use the compatibility mode to get the hyperlink and green tick to work. Using compatibility mode slowed the page loading. So I bit the bullet and restored IE. Re-installed iespell and enabled addons a few at a time. Now works well without using compatibility mode. Didn't find out what the original problem was, though.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Since my pictures/graphics problems (unresolved) with Firefox, I have been using IE9 mostly BUT thanks to others on this forum I now have the addons to flick between both browsers at a click.

IE9 is certainly faster and has more than even FF4.1, which I think came out because FF4. kept crashing, several times a day up till now and I have not had an FF4.1 crash so far.

The FF4 screen popup had a feedback form with it so they were obviously aware of these crashes which only affected their browser site.

I have managed to clutter up my IE9 screen, it's cosier now, but can anyone tell me how to get the tabs on the bottom line like FF

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen