We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Home Hub 3 connection problems

alangh

Likes # 0

I have just subscribed to BT for Total Broadband. I have received a router but it will not connect. My original router will however connect and i get a good signal and speed. I have contacted BT who have checked the line at the exchange and through telephone help have attempted to help me connect without success. They suggested a router problem and sent me a new one but still no luck. Any ideas?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Did you try connecting directly by cable first? Sorry if that is obvious

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you trying to connect via wire or wireless?

Like this post
alangh

Likes # 0

I am connecting by wire and wireless but yes initially wire.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Does it accept the Admin Password when you are setting it up?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

(it is important that you do not connect the Home Hub to the computer until you are required to later in the set up procedure)

a. Reset the router

b. After a couple of minutes the Broadband light should be on or flashing.

c. It is advised that you should now wait an hour before you continue to set up the BT Home Hub (do NOT turn it off in this time though).* The hour wait is to help figure out the fastest broadband speed the Home Hub can receive.

d. The Broadband light should still be lighted up green and the Internet light is is green or flashing. Wireless should be turned on on the computer/laptop if you plan to connect via Wi-Fi.

e. Put the BT Total Broadband CD into the computer and follow the setup on screen.

Like this post
Daveboy

Likes # 0

All bt homehubs connect as BTHOMEHUB@BTBROADBAND.COM, they all have the same address of 192.168.1.254 as an out of the box configuration, so if your old hub is standard set up then the hub 3 should be identical. I would check the settings in the old hub and replicate these in the new hub if any are different.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'