We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Alignment when printing labels

Cara2

Likes # 0

I have asked this question before, months ago, but still have been unable to sort this one out - how to align text with labels, as I find it bloomin impossible!

The first couple of rows seem okay but then the rows go completely out of alignment, straying onto the next label. I have used the correct settings and have now tried two different printers - so am guessing my solution is somewhere with the computer.

I have just printed up letters suitable for window envelopes rather than print labels as it is driving me demented. Had to hand write my christmas cards envelopes last year also!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you using Word? Which version? What is the Avery code for your labels?

It is absolutely vital that you get the right spacing and the parameters for the label correctly set up otherwise the rows get out of alignment.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Okay, I have tried both Word for personal use and more recently Sage Instant Accounting for business labels - same problem with both programs.

Sage doesn't give me an opportunity to give the label size, but with word it is J8161. As I say, it is strange the first rows are fine, but thereon it goes pear shaped!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Assuming that the J8161 corresponds with the Label Type you are using.

Are you putting any Graphics, a Box or Lines on the label?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If you don't need to do a lot of labels from a mail-merge or similar the buy a label printer like the Dymo

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...