We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 updates

sputnick

Likes # 0

Has anyone had problems with todays MS updates 27/04/2011

Each time my pc gets todays updates the system fails to update. I`ve now stopped automatic updates until I find more about them.

Like this post
Seadog

Likes # 0

YUP! Same happened with me this morning, tried about three times, restarted only to be told the installation had failed.

I installed the first one - sorry can't remember what it was - by itself, then the others and they all went in ok.

Don't know why but maybe there's a conflict somewhere..............

Like this post
sputnick

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply. Glad is not just me.

Like this post
kdt

Likes # 0

I had 6 all installed first time.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

all went ok just now had to restart afterwards

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Yep 5 failed the first time. At the second attempt I was just offered one, which went OK. After that the others went through as well. Seems as though that one, whichever one it was, has to be on first.

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

No problems here. Downloaded them at shutdown and they installed okay tonight when I switched back on.

Like this post
Roadgiant

Likes # 0

Yes I had exactly the same problem 3 days running on the latest update, symbol saying there were updates ready to install, on shutdown PC said it was installing updates, next time I restarted screen said please wait while Windows configures PC started up but updates had not installed.

I was about to come on here and ask for help, but then tried clicking on Windows update on start menu, showed 3 updates available selected install and the updates installed correctly and next time I restarted everything was fine.

On Windows update select "View Update History" you will more than likely see on the list that the following 3 updates have failed to install Update for Windows 7 (KB2492386) Update for Windows 7 (KB2506928) Update for Windows 7 (KB982018)

If you follow the method I used as mentioned above then things should sort themselves out.Looks like this is a common problem, I must admit I thought it was just me until I saw the previous posts.

RG

Like this post
erkmatrix

Likes # 0

Yeah this is happening with mine, but a bit different, it says 4 updates to install when shutting down and seems to install them but when you turn it on it comes up with a windows is updating screen again and a percentage timer but never moves off 0%, after about 4 or 5 minutes you see it say reverting something and it must ignore the update and go back to before the updating as the little symbol again comes on the shutdown button to tell you there is updates for the computer. And again it does exactly the same thing, done it now 4 times.

Anyone have any clues what to suggest.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I've had the same problem with that set of updates. For the last 3 days they refused to install. This morning, for some reason, they have all installed on first boot and I had changed nothing. Ain't computers wonderful!!

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Sputnik, you are not alone as like others. I had failures for a couple of days and then all went through on day 3 !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide