We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Probably a silly question - but how do I get items from "Recently Added" into the main body of "library"? Can't seem to do it!!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

By design, recently added option is disabled in Windows Media Player 12. However, you can try with the other option in Windows Media Player, which is create or change regular playlist.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-or-change-a-regular-playlist-in-Windows-Media-Player

click on the 'Music' library in the left pane tree view (which has Artist/Album/Genre under it), which will bring up a details type view. You can then right click on the columns, select 'Choose Columns', and then tick the 'Date Added' column. You can then sort the library by date added, putting the most recently added at the top of the list (or the bottom if you so prefer...)

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Wow!! Thank you so much for your response, Fruit Bat/\0/. I should have said I'm using XP and, I'm not sure which version of WMP. Is you info still applicable?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September