We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tosh Lappy Resize HD

David4637

Likes # 0

My current HD C: Free 95 GB, Used 21 GB D: Free 78 GB, Used 38 GB

Resize HD C: Free 50 GB, Used 21 GB D: Free 123 GB, Used 38 GB

I would like to take 45 GB from C: and add it to D: as above.

Whats the best freeware to resize the HD, I use Acronis to backup? Thanks David

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If windows Vista or 7 then you can resize partitions in Disk management.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

I should have said its W7 Home Edition Lappy. David

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ & Others Is there a set procedure for resizing the HD using W7 Disc Management as I have not done this before, and I thought you had to use third party software? Thanks David

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Just be aware that there may be a hidden restore partition on the drive and it may well sit between the two partitions that you already can see. If this is the case then I would suggest downloading one of the free partition managers such as Easeus Partition Manager link text

1: http://www.partition-tool.com/?gclid=CLf7rYWavagCFUFC4QodKQzGAg that will allow you to move the hidden partition to the end of the drive. You can then change the other partitions to suit yourself. Just remember that it is very advisable to back-up all the files before doing anything with the partitions.

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Thanks for your helpful comments and software suggestions - will investigate. Thanks David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added