We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live Mail

Sapins

Likes # 0

I have just recently installed this e-mail programme, it has been running ok until this morning. Now when I try to get my e-mails it keeps asking for my user name and password giving this error:

Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Server Response: -ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to locate maildrop: System I/O error Server: 'pop.wanadoo.fr' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92 Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No

I know my details are correct but it still keeps asking for them. During my last attempt one of my 3 addresses worked ok and it showed a screen giving the details I expected to get e.g. Authorising, etc. and then it downloaded the last message, now it's back to asking for user name and password! I have looked on the web for this error and all replies seem to indicate that McAfee AV is at fault, which I do not have! and if this goes on I won't have Windows Live Mail either, I'll get another e-mail programme.

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

It looks as though Orange, my ISP, is having problems, I have just seen on "This Morning" their text service is down in th UK, so I'll just have to wait till they fix it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad