We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Laptop Driver Installation

potsbb1

Likes # 0

I just received my new Laptop (Dell XPS15) and as recommended went to the Dell Support page to download updated drivers and Bios updates etc. There were a total of 33 recommended updates which I downloaded but I'm unsure about which order to install them in.

In the download folder it is not easy to tell from the filename what the file is for (and it will be a bit time consuming to investigate all 33 anyway).

So my question is can I just work down the list and install one by one or should I follow a specific order to prioritise certain types of update file?

Any help appreciated - thanks.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I don't think the order matters too much, but when I do this I restart after each one. If you put them all in and there's a problem, it's difficult to work out which one's causing the fault.

However, if your new laptop is working well, I wouldn't bother with updated drivers!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you do the BIOS one do remember not to turn off or disconnect the Laptop while it is doing it as this will make you Laptop Inoperable

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK