We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Photo Paper

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I am about to print 185 photos A4 size on a canon Pixma ip4000. My usual paper found to be very good is Epson Part No:C13S041256 Matt Heavy weight 167 grams.

I have never tried Canon GP-501 Everyday use (A4) Glossy Photo Paper any comments would be interesting.

I will be using original ink from canon. Any one know if one set of ink tanks will do the job.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'm not really a Photo person but from what I've been told, you'll get the job done considerably cheaper in the High Street.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

For a print run of that size, I wouldn't experiment with a deviation from a known matched quality. I usually find that a change in paper or ink always gives a fair few unacceptable results until I'm happy with the result.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Epson is the best paper you can use for Photos or anything, not the cheapest but is the best results you can get, from a inkjet printer

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS One to stay away from is HP gloss paper, complete wast of money

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

I'm with wee eddie on this one.

I posted a while back on costs of printing, and have just recently got rid of my photo printer as it was costing a fortune. I now pay less than 8p per photo where as before it was approx 50p per photo. I even pay less again but that depends on the number of copies I want.

As for the ink amount, if your printer is anything close to what mine was like, I would suspect that more ink will be required, but again, that will depend on the quality of your prints.

Like this post  
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Thanks all for advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room