We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I permanently delete an "Author name" in Vistas pictures so it is not automatically offered.

mooly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can't figure this one out...

If I hover the cursor over any of my pictures (so it just selects the picture but not clicking to open) you get the option to input and change details such as time/date/add comments AND add an authors name etc.

Once a name has been typed into the "author" box and you click on "save", that name is always offered when you begin typing the first letter of that name for any another pictures.

How do you delete a name so it no longer offered ?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Well I see a check too... for example I select any photo and that brings the info "block" up at the bottom of the screen. Begin typing in the author box and any name begining with the letter/s I start typing comes up along with the tick box.

I am a new user of OpenOffice and I am finding that even authors names on MS word documents (which OO can open) are offered as possible authors for pictures too. If I begin typing "K" for an author name it brings up Killahertz. Search for that with Vistas search box and its an MS word document authored by "Killahertz"

Very bizarre and very confusing...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

These metadata files are also incorporated in documents etc. I start an authors name with the letter 'P' and get the PC Advisor's sunscription email address.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

'sunscription'... sounds like a good idea :)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My system isn't different - different description.

I have discovered that all this metadata is gathered by the search index. But there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the list.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......