We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new camera cant install?

johnnyrocker
Resolved

Likes # 0

i recently bought a new pentax digital camera but am unable to install it on pc, the disk which came with has only the manual, arcsoft impression,and adobe 9 but no other choices any ideas? XP PRO SP3

johnny

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why will it not install?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Ho I see there is no software, When you plug the camera in and turn it on Windows should load it as a Removable Drive. In Windows Explorer it is down at the bottom right it will Have a Drive letter. or double click My Computer and it should show there

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

That should be bottom Left not Right in Explorer. You can get to Explorer by Pressing the Windows Key plus E key

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

What are you trying to install, I've got six digital cameras, all in use, and have never installed anything, including any supplied software Just take out the card when finished shooting and stick in a reader connected by USB to download your photos.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As per ventanas I just stick the memory card in the slot and copy them over.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Like others, I have never installed anything re my digital cameras. What are you wanting to install ?

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

my thanks for the contributions so far, when plugged in the pc does not recognise the camera as removable or otherwise, my apologies for the delay in replying as it would seem that one in the new forum does not get advised of replies unless you tick the bottom box

johnny

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

Have you looked here for the USB software drivers http://www.pentaximaging.com/support/manuals-and-literature/

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

Like others I just take the media card out and stick it in the card reader, I know this is probably a stupid question (and excuse me if it is) but you are turning the camera "on" when you connect it ?? ...alB

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

mikef. thanks for that i shall follow it up.

alB

not a silly question at all but yes camera is switched on and just sits there saying processing in the view screen

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide