We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

+++ hotmail +++ how do I?

pcdimwit
Resolved

Likes # 0

hope this is the right place to post? I want to know if it is possible to see if an e-mail that I have sent via my hotmail email address has been opened by the recipient (another hotmail or other email programme user)? It is INORDINATELY complicated to find anything out on Hotmail itself, and seems to be designed like a MAZE that puts you off finding out anything pertinent to this subject, thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

No, hotmail does not support read receipts

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

No, I don't think that can be done. However, if you want to send the same email again, you could add the request for a Receipt from with your email program.

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

"you could add the request for a Receipt from with your email program."

No, read receipt support is determined by the server, not the client

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I use Hotmail and my client is Incredimail - I can and have, made Receipt requests from time to time. I have also received Receipt requests from other users of Incredimail.

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

thanks for that, how do I ask for a Receipt request from Hotmail?? is this something that I have to add on to the email I am sending?? and by definition a request that I must apply to each single email that I want an "opened" email receipt for? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

perhaps i should be more precise

Read receipt support is determined by the receivers mail server or client. Not the senders

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

"thanks for that, how do I ask for a Receipt request from Hotmail??

You can't, hotmail does not support read receipts

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Thalmus - Oh, I see, so if I am sending to another e-mail address from Hotmail to hotmail it will probably not be possible to request a "read receipt" from the sender's email?? PCDIMWIT

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

I didnt think it was possible with hotmail, thanks anyway, PCDMIWIT

Like this post  
Nontek

Likes # 0

http://img825.imageshack.us/i/screenshot00278.jpg/

This is how to do it in Incredimail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...