We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

"No signal" failure screen when log on

allanon

Likes # 0

I've been logging onto the computer and as soon as it powers up I get a white box screen with "no signal" and very rarely does it load up. I am running XP on an Athlon x4 chip and a 8800GT card. I assumed that the GPU was faulty and I replaced this with a 8800GTS, howver this has failed to remedy the issue. On the rare occasions it does load up the only problem I can find is on the device manager which shows a yellow "?". it states that the nvidia nforce networking controller -" windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver maybe corrupted or missing (code39)". I rolled back the driver but this didnt help. Evidently file "nvefdxp.sys" driver disk 1 is needed. I downloaded the latest nvidia pack however the drivers won't load. On accasion when the system has powered up windows shuts down with a blue screen with : " STOP: 0X000000 C5 (0X0000040,0X00000002,0X00000001,0X8054B10D". I have a couple of questions namely:- 1. is the nforce controller issue a motherboard failure?, or can it be repaired?. 2. I believe that the said controller relates to the ethernet connetion to the net, so is this causing the no signal error when I load up or are the 2 problems seperate issues?. 3. any ideas how to fix it?. thanks for your time

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes