We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Live Mail image attachments

firegamp

Likes # 0

Please can someone help me over a hurdle that trips me every time I go round the Windows 7 Live Mail course? With Eudora, I could click on an image (in My Pictures for instance) mark it to send as an attachment and then send it. With Live Mail, I find myself in Pictures In The Sky Land, with images arriving at the recipient's end in an unviewable form because their tiny size pixillated out and even worse, were on a M'soft Live Sky Drive Photo Album!! I want simplicity! But how???? Can anyone help, please? firegamp

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Sounds like you are sending the thumbnail not the picture, but as I have never used WLM I dont know how it works.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Neither have I but wuth my mail programmes you click on the paperclip then browse to find your picture or document.

Like this post
firegamp

Likes # 0

*Hi Kevscar and wiz-king.* Thanks for the responses. Kept them in mind as I pondered... Finally cracked prob like this: 1 OPEN and name new Word file. 2 Copy photo and paste it into Word file. 3 PRESS Enter key to put space before next photo, if you're sending others. 4 Repeat 2 and 3 until you have pasted all pix you need. 5 Choose Send As, and click Send Copy of Document as Email. 6 Mail document opens, with clickable attachment in place. 7 Type message if required (or it could be included in Word file). SEND. Long-winded, but it works. Hope this is of use to someone. firegamp

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I use Windows Live Mail and use one of two ways to send pictures. My preferred way is just to go to the file that has the pictures I need to send, highlight them with a click (CTRL+click for those not in sequence) then just click on E-Mail which appears in the top bar as soon as a picture is selected. Live Mail opens up a New Email Message box with a blank To address. or Open up the Email Message box via Contacts or EMail Message and use the Attach Files paperclip and search for the photos I want to send.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Or of course you can right click on a picture, select Send To, Mail Recipient and that will open up a blank E-Mail for Windows Live Mail (I am assuming that you have Live Mail selected as your default email client).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014