We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

OE9 and Bing

Ankermi

Likes # 0

Windows Vista.

Upgraded to OE9 and no problems with using it but I have noticed in the top right hand corner is a blank space.

On OE8 I had a search engine and I think it was originally put there by Microsoft and it was "Bing".

With the help of Forum I changed Bing to Google as a default and found it useful as I do with the Zoom in the bottom right due to sight problems.

I am correct in assuming I can download BING as a stand alone installation and that it will appear in OE9 with no problems?

Obviously the less clutter I have on toolbars etc makes it easier for me.

Thanks

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You do not need to download Bing it comes as the default in Internet Explorer 9 aka IE9.

Go to Tools > Manage Add On > Search Providers and enable Bing.

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Bremmer thanks reply.

Only have AVG secure search and Google both enabled and Orange disabled. Bing not even listed.

I do have a microsoft update listed as not essential-Windows live essentials and a Bing Bar is listed as an optional. Would this be what I need?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Bing Bar sounds like a full Toolbar rather than just a search Provider.

In Search Providers you should be able to add new ones. Just do a search for Bing and add it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days