We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, problem being is that when I start my pc to use, I find that my mouse arrow when I click on an icon refuses to administer whatever I wish to start, and when I point the mouse at my taskbar, the hour glass appears. I switch off the computer by the button, switch on again and the pc is ok, and it performs this action every time I start my computer? Any ideas please.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

It sounds as though, when you are clicking the icons, the PC hasn't completed booting and loading those applications which start automatically. The 'hourglass' on the Taskbar would support the fact that some background process is still running. Try checking which applications start automatically on booting and disable any that don't need to be started - look in msconfig and the Startup folders.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi mgmcc, if that is the case, why does everything commence to start in approx 10 secs when I re-start a second time after shutting down prior originaly?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Op system?

Do a repair

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for all your help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi podlod i have a new computer which goes like that. I have found that sometimes I am not pressing the start button in firmly enough so when it starts it is extremely sluggish. A reboot and holding the start button in a bit longer or a bit firmer sorts it out. Saying a reboot I have to close the computer down first before pressing the start button if I do a restart it just does the same again. maybe try ipconfig /flushdns in command prompt and press enter on your keypad may sort it out.I t will tell you that the dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference. it is a Medion computer that I have just wondering if yours is the same.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for all your replies, I am now going to commence in starting.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow