We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

R220 CD Printer-Any alternatives?

buel

Likes # 0

Hello, i have an excellent CD printer, the Epson R220, but i wanted to know if there is an alternative printer that is more up to date that i can buy being as the R220 is showing signs of giving up on me. I use it to print on CDs that i have recorded radio programmes on to listen to whilst i drive. I believe the R220 isn't sold anymore?

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

I use a Canon Pixma IP4300 which has a very good CD Printer. Replaced an Epson R300 with this some time ago.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

I had an Epson R200 for printing CD's, now have its successor the Epson Stylus Photo P50 for printing CD's.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, can i ask do they print any faster as i find the R220 quite slow?

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

My own impression is that they seem to take a long time thinking about what they're going to print after you've clicked on the print button, fairly quick once started to print but noisy, in fact think I've seen online comments about noisiness.

A good printer though and with six inks great colour reproduction and as it's only "ink in a bag" no print head on the cartridges, compatible inks work fine in my experience.

To some people a drawback is it's only a printer and not a combination thing, but personally I'd rather have a good printer with separate colour inks that can be changed individually than one with a black and a single tri colour ink cartridge, if one of the three colours in the tri colour goes, it's a whole new cartridge to buy.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

I have an Epson R285 working with CISS,Works well with CD printing.c.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more