We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Urgetn Advice Needed For New Desktop please!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to u all. I'm about to purchase a new desktop from mesh computers, and I just need some general advice pls to a few VERY important questions that i need good answers for please.

First question: All my bookmarks are mainly on firefox..including folders with bookmarked pages in them.....HOW can I be able to tranfer ALL my bookmarked pages from my old XP desktop to my new windows 7 desktop please.

2nd question: I have some PAID software that i purchased like Kaspersky internet security 2011, and Winpatrol, ect that I wish to transfer to my new desktop.....how can i do this pls(all the free stuff i'll just download again.

Question 3, i'm afer an HD webcam for new desktop....and its btw the logitech HD C270 and the Microsoft lifecam HD3000..so which is better please??

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Use Mozbackup for FF. It also backs up Thunderbird email if you use that. link text

I use WinPatrol free and Avira free.

Don't pay for more AV if part of the bloatware on new PC, ask for discount. Then contact Kaspersky to transfer license??

Or use Avira/Avast or MSE, at least till you sort Kaspersky out. Don't run without AV.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

The Logitech C270 has a problem with the video not working with the current version of Skype - I experienced that last week and had to download a previous version (4.6?) to make it work. Go for the Microsoft one.

Like this post
peter_912

Likes # 0

If anything ever goes wrong with a Mesh you are on your own. I have had a terrible experience with this company. Save yourself a lot of time and pain - buy anything else!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Don't worry about Kaspersky. Make sure you have the licence key and input it when you install on the new PC. Same with the others make sure you have the licence keys.

Like this post
MAT ALAN

Likes # 0

If anything ever goes wrong with a Mesh you are on your own. I have had a terrible experience with this company. Save yourself a lot of time and pain - buy anything else!

Actually your not, Davy from mesh was/is a regular contributer on here and i have to say i haven't seen any posts regarding mesh on here for a long time...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

MAT ALAN

Have a look in Consumerwatch.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Only one in 3 pages (22days) and that was the one complaining about them on this thread.

Like this post
Bagsey

Likes # 0

I am now on my 4th Mesh desktop and can say that I have always had the very best of service from this company.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED