We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wav Files

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me an easy way to convert Wav Files to MP3s please?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

This converter is free and will do just what you want

Click here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Format Factory

Be aware to untick boxes during download and you'll have to remove the Ask tool bar in programs and features (add/remove) after installation. Good side is it's free.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks both, downloaded it and followed instructions. Unsure if it's happening correctly. Currently screen states "Busy currently working on MP3 WAV". However been doing that for a good 10 minutes and nothing more seems to be progressing.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

" nothing more seems to be progressing " IN WHAT PROGRAM?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Well, clicked "Add" then identified where the Wavs were then "Encode". It still states busy. Unsure what you mean by what program.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Gents, I'm an idiot I know...they're WMA files not WAV...apologies.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

thumbscrew

I suggested one converter that will convert a lot of different files.

Sea Urchin suggested a program that will convert WAV-TO MP3-CONVERTER.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Yes sorry Rdave,just got in from pub and confused WAV/WMA. Ok,will your Format Factory do the job?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

thumbscrew

You are no way an idiot. The simple question is why so many different file formats? Why so complicated? That's what is idiotic.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more