We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I record freeview on my VCR?

Leigh1998

Likes # 0

Can I record freeview on my VCR? I have a Sagem ITD58 freeview box with one scart lead socket. I have a Bush TV with one scart lead socket, and a JMB VCR, which has only one scart socket too. All three appliances have two co axial sockets each though. I have plenty of co axial leads, and scart leads. I need to know which leads need to go between which points, also where the co axial lead from the aerial socket must go. Ive asked over 20 people in the last week, and although theyve been very keen to help, no one has come up with a solution. After ive sorted the leads, is tuning in easy? Thankyou.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Not if its a Analogue VCR, only thing you can do when its like that is record what is playing on screen if its setup right with scarts

Like this post
Leigh1998

Likes # 0

I dont mind trying that,as long as I get the correct information on which leads go where, and a pretty good idea of how to tune in.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

The telly doesn't have to stay on if you want to set something recording.

A cable like this will be OK for you link text

Also available in your local elec shops/possibly Poundshops/Supermarkets.

I have one but can't remember where I got it.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

You tune the Freeview box only. Set the Bush to AV if it doesn't auto detect the box.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

An Analogue VCR will nor record Freeview no mater what cable you use, I have a VCR/DVD recorder that's Analogue. And there is no way to do it I have tried including Contacting Manufacturers. As I said you can only record a Program that is playing on the TV and TV as to be switched on to do it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I found this a good help Connection Wizard

Select the equipment to be connected, then click on FIND DIAGRAM

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

You can record freeview its not digital on the output side as the boxes are designed to receive and convert so the Tv can play them. If you only have one scart outlet from the digibox you can use a splitter.Ok you will be limited to what you are watching on tv .In fact my Sony box when I used it ran one scart to the tv and one to the recorder .It would record and play back through the digibox to the tv .

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Analogue VCR as to be tuned, its not just the recording, and you cannot tune a digital signal on an Analogue VCR it will only pick up the 5 station Analogue signal. I have tried every which way possible and it cannot be done without some other equipment that will change the signal or Analogue to see it

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

VCR Must be able to record from scart socket for this to work.

Connect Ariel to freeview box - freeview box scart to splitter box - splitter box to TV and VCR scart - set VCR to scart input.

You can then see freeview on TV and VCR.

Better is a Freeview box with two scarts (tesco Technika)

Set freeview box to switch to correct channel at right time also set VCR to record from scart input at the same time.

I have an ALBA analogue DVD recorder connected in this way to a Humax freeview PVR allows me to either record freeview direct to DVD or from PVR playback to DVD.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Mine is a Bush analogue VCR/DVD recorder but I cannot get it to Tune for Freeview So how can I record it. and its twin scart. I can only see Freeview to Record from the TV not from antenna

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?