We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

yellow exclamation marks

MICKY BOY

Likes # 0

Hi All,

Have just done a clean install on my laptop and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Every thing seems OK so far, however in devices – hardware it shows 2 yellow exclamation marks under others, one for Mass storage controller and the other Multimedia controller. Have tried to fix using Windows trouble shooter. Still the same problem 2 yellow exclamation marks. It shows the driver for this device is not installed (Code 28)

Would appreciate any help on this one as I have not got a glue.

Regards,

Mick

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You should have a CD/partition that contains the drivers for these. If you identify the laptop manufacturer and model number it should be possible for further help to be provided.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes you need drivers.

Mass storage device is probably a card reader?

Multimedia Controller is usually for your sound card / chip

Like this post
MICKY BOY

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat, thank you for your advice. Under properties it does not show the manufacturer of the storage devices, however the laptop is a Sony. Any further suggestions on how I can find and install the appropriate driver.

Mick

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

SIW will tell you all the equipment install in your machine then you can search the web for it.

Although a good place to start is Sony's download page

Like this post
MICKY BOY

Likes # 0

Thank you Fruit Bat. SIW shows under storage devices the main hard drive by Intel and a DVD writer by Matshita. Yet the laptop also has other card readers. Am I looking at the correct storage devices.

Mick

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Look under Devices - Disk drives

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If its a Sony laptop you should find all drivers from the Sony web site Click here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to Sony Laptop Support Site, put your Laptop Model In then download all the drivers for it, and install them

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If you get stuck, download the free Drivermax. One of the options is to identify 'unknown hardware'. It's helped me out several times.

Like this post
MICKY BOY

Likes # 0

thank you all for your help. have just returned home to find additional advice.

thank you once again.

Mick

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room