We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bluescreen blues

rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

I`ve been pestered with the dreaded blue screen for weeks recently upgraded from vista to windows 7 done a regfix and a memtest blue screen stil around . Should I load the 64 versio to see if this helps or is there another solution?? help please

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

With so little information its hard to give an answer.

Did this start before or after you upgraded.

Is your system 32 or 64 bit?

Did you do an upgrade or clean install?

If an upgrade what version of Vista and what version of Win 7

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The most common cause of blue screen errors is a bad driver or drivers. Since you have recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 this is the most likely your problem. Changing to the 64 bit version will probably not stop the blue screens. If you can get the system running then go to Device Manager and right click each item in turn and select Update Driver. Let Windows search the internet for updates. Failing that run a utility such as DriverMax Click Here to check which of your drivers needs updating. The free version will only allow 2 downloads per day but if you make a note of those listed you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers there.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

the blue screen was there before the upgrade and the system is 32 bit I did an upgrade vista and 7 are 32 bit

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

bluescreen view download and run this to get more information of what occurs when your machine crashes post that information back here.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Most likely drivers, but a quick check for peace of mind, also check temperatures.

'Speedfan' or 'Core temp' will give an indication of overheating. click here Blow the vents out anyway when you have chance ...summer is here. :-)

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

Hi Fruitbat, thanks for the "bluescreenview" when exactly do I use this and what is the best way to use it

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

when you have recovered from a bluescreen crash run the program it will show the files in the folder C:\minidump - select the latest and it will show all the information related to the latest crash.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

thanks fruitbat

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

fuitbat sorry to be a pain, I`ve run the bluescreen view after the last crash and got the info on screen how can I now get it to PCadvisor for you to look at. thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Will it copy and then paste to the forum?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?