We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

High sync, low margin, FECs like locusts

hatrickj

Likes # 0

This is from my router a TG585v7 Link Information

*Uptime: 1 day, 0:24:29 DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 7,807 Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00 Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0 Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 25.5 / 46.5 SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 18.0 / 2.0 Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Link (Remote): 0 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 2 / 0 FEC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 147,682,223 CRC Errors (Up/Down): NA / 1,538 HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 1,042*

As can be seen the sync rate, and that is not untypical, is very high for the attenuation, the noise margin very low, and the FEC errors reported extremely high.

The connection drops and recovers, sometimes with sometimes without resync. These drops vary widely in frequency from occurring 2-3 days apart to bursts every minute or so.

The sync speed does agree with the BT tester.

Has anyone advice to give as to cause of the strange figures?

Finally, perhaps OT, I set the sharing (games) security to disabled, but after a resync the settings are lost. Could all be apart of some generalproblem with the router?

Like this post
hatrickj

Likes # 0

I hope everyone had a pleasant Easter break.:l)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days