We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problem with Sigmatel C audio Driver????????? help!

TheHacienda

Likes # 0

morning,

had my pc for about 18 months now and since getting it every now and again I get a pop-up sayng there's a problem with sigmatel audio driver.

nothing actually stops working but i get an option for help which says the following.......

Technical Information IDT list of OEM partners

Address a problem with Sigmatel C-Major audio driver Sigmatel C-Major audio driver has stopped working properly.

To solve this problem, go online to your computer manufacturer's website and search for Sigmatel C-Major audio driver updates.

How do I find my computer manufacturer?

Click the Start button , type msinfo32 in the Search box, and then press ENTER. Your computer manufacturer is listed as the System Manufacturer in the right pane of the System Information window.

Click to go online to see contact information for most computer manufacturers Additional information

Sigmatel C-Major audio driver was created by Integrated Device Technology, Inc. and is distributed by your computer manufacturer.

do i need to download this driver even though nothing stops working? and what if i download the wrong one?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Suggest you post back the make & model of your computer - the exact model number should be on the bottom of your laptop or back of the computer. We`ll then have a look for you. Which operating system is it?

Even if install a new driver which doesn`t work you should be able to roll back the driver to the previous one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad