We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Security +

Bike-it
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am using a Dell laptop running windows vista so do i have enough security and cleaners? Programmes i am currently using Microsoft security essentials. Malawarebytes (free version) Spywareblaster. Ccleaner.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Yes, but because you are running Vista I would suggest using a different firewall to the one installed in Vista. Such as Zone Alarm

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

And maybe turn the free Malwarebytes into the pay for version which gives you full time protection.I believe it is a one of payment. Maybe add WOT which warns you of bad sites before you open them. It is not always 100% correct but near enough for me.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If you are using your computer for banking, check the banks web page and there is normally a free anti-virus software, you can download.

Terry

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

For Vista or W7 windows own firewall is good enough MSE backed up with MAlwarebytes / SuperAntispyware SpywareBlaster as a blocker and CCleaner to remove the rubbish all are excellent choices

You are well protected

However nothing is perfect as new nasties appear every day so make sure you keep your protection updated

Like this post  
Bike-it

Likes # 0

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features