We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not sure what the problem is, laptop feezing sometimes

simonsup

Likes # 0

Hi just got my laptop back from repair, it was just in warrenty thankfully. It had a new mobo fitted. it seems ok but everynow and then it freezes, locks up mainly when im watching tv in media centre but sometimes other times it just freezes, sometimes it ok for hours and other times about 10 mins after boot up. I formatted and started again reinstalled win 7 home and all my programs but it still freezes. is it still faulty maybe? machine is a medion md96640 akoya 15.6 screen laptop. cpu. intel core2 duo @ 183mhz meion mobo i think. 4 gig ddr2 667 memory. nvidia gforce 9300m graphics with 128 meg of mem. 320 sata hardrive. Medion tv tuner card xpress 54 slot. win 7 home 32 bit o/s. Nearly 3 years old bought from adli`s, I have noticed that it gets very hot but it lives on a latop cooler, could it be heat? or should i ring medion to see what they say? otherwise any idear peeps? thanks

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You should stick with it, I have a Medion Desktop bought from Makro some years ago and had problems with it that they kept trying to fix, I finally got it fixed after posting on Consumer Page in Forum, it was the front USB panel that was faulty, and stopped the PC starting up. Get back on to them and tell them its still faulty

Like this post
simonsup

Likes # 0

ok thanks i will.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe some of the drivers needing updated.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Try and blow the dust out of it, it's probably over-heating

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow