We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ripping music - recording judders?

deejo
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I have just tried ripping some cd's onto my computer, never done it before, the cd plays fine, but when I listen to it back on my computer the end of some of the tracks is juddery? is there a way to correct itor edit the end of the track to get rid of it?

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 1

Download itunes (Free) and use that, you don`t need ipod to use it.save it to itunes as an mp3,hope this helps

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

What program are you using to rip the CD's?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 1

Check to see what other programs are running, as you may not have enough resources to get a clean 'RIP'

The CD should rip at least 5 times speeed, any slower and you may get problems.

Terry

Like this post
deejo

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for the answers, I am not sure i understand the solutions, what happened was I was playing my cd's on windows media player and at the top it said rip, I looked that up in the help section and thought what a good idea to copy the music onto my computer. So I just pressed rip, the only thing I was doing at the same time was browsing the internet. No other programmes were open. Are you saying I need to download a new programme to get the music to copy correctly? the cd's copied what seemed to me to be very quickly anyway. thanks for your patience

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 1

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

When you are ripping a CD, it is best to stopp the player and any other programs that are running, including the internet, but not the Anti-virus software.

While you are ripping, any interuption in the series (caused (e.g.) by another program) can cause a 'ripple' - (change in speed) of the rip, and this is what is causing the program

Terry

Like this post  
deejo

Likes # 0

Thanks again for the replies, I didn't realise about stopping the player whilst ripping, I will definately try that, and if it doesn't work I will try downloading the ripping programme, thanks again!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...