We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to load vista recovery to new HDD

Hoodie

Likes # 0

Computer - Toshiba L350-170 Cpu 2GHz 2Gb RAM. Initially failed to boot. Checked in Bios - No HDD listed. Relaced with Toshiba (new & sealed)MK2555GSX sata2.Now listed in Bios. Loaded Vista recovery disk---"windows loading files" Got to RECOVERY UTILITY--select language---Next Now Dos box RECGUI -- ERROR:CreateFile\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 the system cannot find the file specified When OK'd-- Hard disk drive is not accessible or bad raid configuration Help!!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As he says you need to load the Sata Drivers for the Hard Drive first from a Floppy disc

Like this post
Hoodie

Likes # 0

Thanks to all who took time to look at my problem ! The outcome was that the new HDD was faulty! On purchasing and fitting same I was then able to load the vista op system using the recovery disks I had burned to two DVDs at the time of accepting delivery of laptop as advised by toshiba. Thanks again, Hoodie

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'