We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Flash Player Causing IE8 To Freeze

PinguJohn

Likes # 0

Hello,

Running Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3, Fully updated

Internet Explorer 8

Adobe Flash Player 10.2.159.1

Norton Internet Security 2011

My PC has recently started to freeze IE8 on some sites that I visit. Freezes for a few seconds and then unfreezes, sometimes reporting that IE8 not responding.

I think the problem could be caused by Adobe Flash Player. If I disable the Adobe Flash plugin then I have no freezes.

Step taken so far to solve the problem:- I have uninstalled Flash Player using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller, rebooted, and then reinstalled Flash Player. Unfortunately this has made no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

A bit of a long shot.

Have you recently updated Flash Player or does it need updating? If the former, it may be worth trying an earlier version from link text if the latter an update is available from the same site.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Adobe seems to cause problems on many programs as well as Internet Explorer, Silly question but you have downloaded the IE version and not the Firefox? I download both and keep them bang up to date, they seem to come up with updates frequently.

Run Secunia PS and see if you have any other out of date or remnants left, you might have bits of previous Adobe left on your PC that are causing trouble. SunnyStaines will tell you he's fed up with Secunia but I still find it useful and it does throw up false alarms sometimes, my score is 100% at present.

Try Revo uninstaller to see how many Adobes you have and get rid of the old ones.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite