We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I return to the old display?

sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Help! I have just logged on to the PC Advisor website and find that it has all changed and the diplay is not nearly as clear or as large as it used to be. Is there any way of returning to the old display, please? The print is really tiny and using ctl + the mouse wheel does not make it any easier to read.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I hate the PCA site on it's default settings.

I have NoSquint Add-on in Firefox and can adjust page and text zoom levels.

Currently 70% page and 140% text suits me.

Click here

Similar may be available for other browsers or there may be other ways to do it. I don't know. I only use FF these days, and V3.6 to boot.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There is no way to go back to the old site.

If you are using IE then you could try compatibility mode. Which browser are you using?

I personally haven't found a problem with font size or clarity of the font, There are other problems with the new site though!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its improved quite a lot over the past few days, and perhaps more so with IE8. No side page overlaps etc, that I was previously experiencing. Compatibility mode didn't work for me.

Try FireFox or another browser and see if that makes a difference?.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried using the Zoom on I/E or text size under View and change the size of the text.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I find the Fonts tend to be a bit weedy. not quite heavy enough. Would like them a bit thicker so they stand out more

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks all. I can't see why they had to change it - it was beautifully clear before, with contrasting colours etc. The current font and the pale blues and greys on white aren't nearly so clear. Foum editors/web designers please note.

Yes, it does display better in Firefox, but I like to keep it separate in IE.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

I was going to mark this project as resolved, but where is the box to tick?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

To mark as resolved click on one of the ticks to the right of the posting until it turns green.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Just tick the Likes box on the right of your post or the post that gave you the answer to your problem and click resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote