We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing mp3 files

sputnick
Resolved

Likes # 0

How can I print out the content of a folder of mp3 files? Selecting all and copy and paste copies music as well. I only need the track text info.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Could you use print screen? That will create an image of the .mp3 directory in your clipboard which you can then paste into e.g. Word and print out. Or do I misunderstand the question?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

There are, by the way, also free programs that will allow you to print out the contents of a directory. You may have some joy with Karen's Directory Printer at www.karenware.com.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Media Player May let you do it, as it can get song names from Internet if you set it to. And if you play a CD it can get Info from the Net, so I would think you can print the list

Like this post
RGB76

Likes # 0

Open the folder containing your MP3s and right click, then select view and choose the list option,you will then see your MP3 titles listed, from there you can select them all and choose copy, then paste them into your text editor.

You could also press the print screen key and they will be on the clip board ready to paste into a paint program, save the file as a Jpeg and you can load the resulting image into most any program you like and print them out any size you like.

Like this post
Thalmus

Likes # 0

If you're using Vista or Windows 7, open your music folder hold the shift key and right click a piece of empty space and select open command prompt here. In the black box that opens type dir /b > list.txt and press enter. You will now a text file in your music folder called list that lists your folder contents

Like this post  
sputnick

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies all worked to some degree but I think Thalmus idea is fine as once done it leaves a text file in the folder. Many thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do