We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

which graphics

chippy+

Likes # 0

hi can anyone advise one of my desktop pcs have nvidia 6100 onboard graphics ,i have a spare nvidia GF6200 64 pci express card would this be any better rhanks Chippy

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Personally I doubt if you would notice much difference. There's always arguments for/against onboard or dedicated cards. You could try it and decide for yourself if any advantages.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Something for you to read link text

Like this post
chippy+

Likes # 0

hi northumbria61 thanks for the reply i think there could be a few opinions on dedicated or on board thanks again

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

With or without a Graphics Card.

Unless you have one of the newest MulitCore Processors, you should get better responses by adding a Graphics Card into the System. But do bear in mind that an old Graphics Card will not be any more able to play the latest Games than will On-board Graphics.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK