We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

email response opt-out

chub_tor
Resolved

Likes # 0

With the old site there was a box to tick that meant that I did not get an email response to say that there was a new reply to my post. Is this possible on the new site and if so where is it?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's the opposite way round now, you won't get an email unless you tick the box to 'subscribe to replies to this question' box that is below the compose box and just above the 'Post' button.

If you do subscribe and then change your mind later you have to click on the 'Unsubscribe' link in one of the emails.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Or my profile and untick Allow users to subscribe to my posts. But I would leave it just now as we still get e-mail reply's but not as many as before.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"my profile and untick Allow users to subscribe to my posts"

I thought that was for 'Follow' as per the pop up when you click on someone's name (Follow someone whose posts you like and you'll be notified every time they post a message in the PC Advisor forum. You can unsubscribe at any time. You can choose not to be followed by other users by updating your My Profile page.)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

lotvic it could well be. I was not sure what it was for so I just keep it unticked. I was getting loads of e-mails from PCA so just tried anything to stop them.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yeah we all got loads of emails at the start as the Subscribe box above 'Post' reply was initially ticked by default on New site. It has been altered/unticked by default now so you have to tick it to receive notification emails.

To unsubscribe/stop receiving emails for a thread you have to click on the Unsubscribe link in the email.

There was a thread about it at the time, but of course I can't find it now.

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Thank you very much all of you, this new site has been quite a learning curve for me. I was away when it first came in and missed all the tips and tricks that were posted earlier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...