We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE cannot display the webpage

billstump

Likes # 0

Over the last couple of weeks, three computers (1 PC, 2 Laptops) running XP, Vista, and W7 respectively are having difficulty with browsing and email. The message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" appears frequently, but mostly after refreshing three or four time the site is found. Similarly with email, but after hitting "send/receive" the connection comes good. The only common factors are that all are on a Norton subscription, and share a Netgear wireless router(rebooting doen't help). Driving me nuts. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks> Bill.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns then press the enter on the keyboard. it should tell you dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Or maybe try the fix it on this.link text

Like this post
billstump

Likes # 0

Buteman. many thanks your prompt advice. no luck. have a few more ideas from other sources. if I get a result I will post it. regards Stumpy.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you are using Outlook Express maybe try Interet Explorer. Tools .Internet Options.Advanced and press reset. This resets Internet explorer to it's original state. Some add-ons may have to be enabled after running it. Or when in advanced press restore advanced settings to see if that helps. Or security and make sure everything is set to default.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may be that your router is dropping connection or there is a line fault. 3 systems having the same problems points to the router or line.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?