We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

maximise newly opened web pages

gjn2

Likes # 0

I am trying to get newly opened via a desktop icon web pages to show full screen immediately without clicking the maximise box @ top right. The advice on P105 of April 2011 edition re programs doesn't work as right clicking & Properties produces a "web document" window with no "Shortcut" tab.

Am I trying the impossible?

Graham Newton

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For Internet Explorer: View any web page with IE, R-click on any link within the page you're viewing and select "Open in New Window", after the new IE window loaded, keep this window open and close the 1st IE window, then use your mouse to drag the IE window to fill the screen.. do not click on the IE maximize box. then close this IE window. the next IE window should now open in a maximized window.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

To open new IE windows full size

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer that are currently open, except for one.

2. Right click a link on the web page and select Open in new window.

3. Close the first instance of the browser that was originally open using the “X” in the top right-hand corner.

4. Resize the existing window by dragging the top and sides until it is full screen again.

5. Click the “X” in the top right-hand corner while holding down the Ctrl key.

The next time you open your browser, the window will once again appear full screen.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Rightclick on your desktop shortcut icon > Properties > Shortcut tab and look for 'Run:' then in the drop down box next to Run choose 'Maximised' (the other choices are Normal window and Minimised) click on Apply and OK

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

Or Press the Maximize button, but when closing press alt + X then try opening to see if it worked

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

woodchip's way worked for me in FFox (my previous post wasn't relevant as it was for ordinary shortcut not webpage)

I have just tried woodchip's way, had to make the shortcut to webpage on desktop first

Open the webpage, Press the Maximize button, close by holding down alt and clicking on white X in red square

Like this post
gjn2

Likes # 0

Thanks, Sea Urchin and Woolwell - your method worked. Thanks to the others, too, though I had no success with your ideas, possibly because I use IE9 rather than Firefox.

Cheers

Graham Newton

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more