We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton IS 2012 Beta Test

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just had an mail from Norton asking me to download and test this program. I assume this has nothing to do with the PCA beta testing to which I have agreed to take part. So I should ignore this offer ??

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I forgot to tick "Subscribe ti this post" So I try again.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Best maybe sticking to the PCA test as you have already agreed to it. For those not using the PCA Norton beta test maybe try here.

link text

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The beta software you're being offered is the same as that which we'll test, but our testers will get a free 1 year licence, so if you've signed up for our test (which will start fairly soon) don't use the download link you've received from Symantec - I'll be sending you a special one.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Forum Editor Thanks for the answer that clears it up. I guess they just sent the link because I am already using Norton.

Like this post  
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

had me confused too i will wait for link of fe as i was accepted for trial

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

looking at the norton beta forum plenty of minor probs, i expect we will get the next build beta to test.

i too got the email from norton but holding back awaiting the pca options. looking forward to it.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Have the PCA Testers been chosen then?

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

never hard anything about trial has it been held up

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i still think norton are waiting for the next beta build before unleashing it on us, too many problems on the first build. perhaps our FE could make a call.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

That answers a question for me I was only thinking earlier what had happened to the test so I shall just sit tight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks