We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

canon scanner

bremner

Likes # 0

Canon

Unsure what file you have downloaded. Try the one in the link above.

Is your W7 32 or 64 bit?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Tip: That's not good using your email address as your user name. I suggest you go to 'My Profile' and change it.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You will probably find that Windows 7 generic driver will work for your scanner.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The only thing I can suggest is that you try and find a Vista driver for your Canon - download and run in compatibility mode. It may just work.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

I believe the driver file you are looking for can be found here:

click here

It has an .exe extension. Download and double-click on it, and it should install.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Number six Your link is the same as I posted earlier in the thread and the OP has said did not work either.

Like this post
ianeon

Likes # 0

I had exactly the same problem, which is that the Lide20 is an old scanner, and Canon drivers don't always work with Win 7.

If you can get a copy of a programme called VUESCAN then your scanner will work with that - But I think that its expensive.

The other way is to go here:http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0027440_0000465.asp?model= and download the drivers which may/may not work.

Or you could try here:http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscanseries/canoscanlide_20#DriversAndSoftware

Eventually you will get what you want - but it will be a struggle - good luck

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

I know it sounds daft, but have you thought that there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit driver on the Cannon site to suite Lide 25. I am using 64 bit as my computer came that way and downloaded the 64 bit driver and had no problems. it's worth trying with your Lide 20. I hope it works for you, after that looks like a new scanner after all they are not expensive to replace adn could be worthwile as they are improving all the time like everything else in the computer world.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

The OP has not responded lately, but if you are still looking in: Follow my (and bremner's) link and download the driver file with the .exe extension. This should work - not sure what "setupSG" refers to, but it is evidently the wrong file.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...