We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PM on the forum?

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just wondering how to PM a member here? Playing about I can't seem to be able to get the option to private message? Old forum was clicking on the envelope. While I'm here just testing the hyperlink. somewhere over the rainbow

Looks as it's working now.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

According to this:

What do the forum icons mean?

it should be the grey envelope beside the poster's name - but that takes you to their Profile. Presumably another glitch to be sorted out.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

I thought so Sea Urchin. Thanks for your reply. Still prefer this version of the forums. Once the bugs are ironed out it will be great.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Not convinced about the use of the Greyed Out envelope icon. Just trying to see what happens when I click on it and I get a see through message partly obscured by whatever is behind it on the right hand side. I think it is trying to tell me I can follow something or can view the individuals profile.

Seems strange!!

TonyV.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

TonyV ##

If on IE then disable compatibility mode. Site works better that way I think. All that's available is to follow or go to profile as Sea Urchin's post and what I also found.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was looking forward to a message from Dave, no, the other one who lives in Downing Street!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

FE sair 'it will work, it's another minor gltch'

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

rdave13

Absolutely right! I didn't realise Compatibility Mode was on, but once switched off the message came up fine.

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

clicking on the grey envelop when in IE9 gives a different response form Chrome or IE8. You are given the opportunity to follow the poster but still no PM

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13 Your first link. One of my favourites.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made