We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PCA Site and Firefox 4

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anybody queried why, when using Firefox 4, the 'Start New Subject for Discussion' box does not have the editing tool bar and the '?' above it like it does in Internet Explorer 9?

Or is it just me?

In addition I actually tried posting this query using Firefox 4 but it never appeared so I am now trying it in Explorer 9 where I notice that, as I type, what I am typing appears in another box below, which certainly wasn't happening when using Firefox 4.

Apologies if this has already been raised but I couldn't find it.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"'Start New Subject for Discussion' box does not have the editing tool bar and the '?' above it like it does in Internet Explorer 9?"

It doesn't have it in IE7 either. What's more, if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known it was supposed to!

(2) I can post a thread in Firefox 4, but not always, but that's better than my experience with IE7. For as with that I haven't been able to post a thread at all in the new PCA format?

Of course then there's the posting to someone elses thread. After I post, I have to come out of that forum altogether, before I can post to that thread again! What is that all about?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

One step forward and two back;-)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It does have it on my Firefox 4. Do you have any adblockers running or other add-ons?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not being able to post without exiting has generally been fixed.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"Not being able to post without exiting has generally been fixed."

I just tried it again on my Message to Yimbo thread and I stand corrected. There was however one small detail, I clicked the resolved tick in the thread and posted a final message simulainiously. I then clicked the post button and it said 'Please Wait'. I waited for a little while then it eventually cleared. When I checked, it had terminated the thread with a tick, but hadn't added the final post. I had to go back and do that again.

Like this post
gazzaho

Likes # 0

I found the NoScript add-on will block the various editing icons, but if you're a NoScript user you'll probably already know that. other than that I've no idea. I've just been back to the forums since the changes so I'm still learning myself.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have been using YesScript and disabling it made no difference.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have now checked my lap top running on XP with Firefox 4 and it is exactly the same as my PC using Windows 7 and Firefox 4 - the tool bar etc are not shown.

In addition I have looked everywhere for ticking a subject as resolved and can't find anything. Is this a Firefox problem or is it me?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Pineman

As an OP you should see a grey tick by someone's post. Click on it and it should change to green = subject resolved.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Thanks very much. I've been going crackers trying to find it!

I'll tick this resolved now even though Firefox isn't displaying PCA properly but at least I now know how to tick it resolved!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more