We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PCA Site and Firefox 4

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anybody queried why, when using Firefox 4, the 'Start New Subject for Discussion' box does not have the editing tool bar and the '?' above it like it does in Internet Explorer 9?

Or is it just me?

In addition I actually tried posting this query using Firefox 4 but it never appeared so I am now trying it in Explorer 9 where I notice that, as I type, what I am typing appears in another box below, which certainly wasn't happening when using Firefox 4.

Apologies if this has already been raised but I couldn't find it.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Great - the 'tick' doesn't work in Firefox either. I've had to change browsers to do it:-((

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Pine Man

There must be something wrong with your 'Firefox 4', it works with mine.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You could try and see if you can see the tool bar in Firefox safe mode.

Firefox safe mode

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks for your response guys.

Woolwell - tried safe mode no difference.

Graphicool - It seems unlikely as I get the same result on my laptop using XP and Firefox 4 rather than W7 on my PC BUT I will try installing a fresh copy of Firefox and see what happens.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Uninstalled Firefox 4, downloaded, and installed a fresh copy. The net result - zilch! Still the same:-(

I might try a copy of Firefox 3** and see what happens.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Firefox 3.6.16 tried - the same.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have completely uninstalled Firefox from my PC and reinstalled it with add-ons disabled. Still the same.

Both Internet Explorer and Safari work perfectly.

I think I'll just have to get used to using IE again :-(( ( but only for PCA ;-) )

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Eureka!!!

I have found out that when I (thought I had) removed the add-on YesScript I hadn't changed the options applying it to PCA before removing it. So even though it didn't appear to be there the damage was done. I re-installed it, changed the options to remove PCA, then uninstalled it.

All ok now.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Like this post  
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Glad you got it sorted the end, that's all that matters.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Should read...

Glad you got it sorted in the end, that's all that matters.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...