We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Message for Yimbo

Graphicool1
Resolved

Likes # 0

In case you haven't already heard, the reason you haven't received any replies on your thread...

"Reply to Sender"

Is because the quotes (") are blocking all attempts. I suggest you close that thread and re-open it without the quotes, ie...

Reply to Sender

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 1

We are ALL struggling with the new set up, although it does seem to be getting better. Slowky, but surely they seem to be ironing out the wrinkles.

As for how to close a thread, I'm thinking that perhaps you click on the tick on the right of the post that best answered your question?

However, what you do if no-one answers your question I'm not sure? But I'll try the 'Tick Click' now and see what happens. In the case of your failled thread, because no-one can answer it, I guess it will just drift away, never to be seen again.

Well the 'Click Tick' was the right choice for me.

It's time to forget the old and embrace the new

Like this post
Andsome

Likes # 1

I have tried umpteen times to reply to the thread in question, but it appears to have disappeared now.

In Outlook Express, just click on reply, and NOT reply all. I now use Windows live mail 20011, and in that respect it is the same as Outlook Express.

I always play safe by hiding all the addresses when sending to multiple recipients. I don't put an address in the to box unless the e mail is to one person only, I alway put all the addresses into the Bcc box, then no one can see anyone else's address.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Perhaps it is appropriate to include a response to Yimbo's query in this thread.

In Thunderbird there is a facility to select Reply or Reply To All. I am fairly sure that O. E. provides this facilty also. It would always be possible to create a new e-mail addressed to the sender and, if required, to include the content of his e-mail by means of copy and paste.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why not post him direct through the letterbox a PM

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Why not post him direct

Because that doesn't work - the envelope link takes you into the poster's Profile

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks folks! I hadn't realised about the quotation marks! And I've just now found this thread! Sorry if I've caused bother!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Yimbo

No problem, we were just concerned you might have thought you were being snubbed. G1

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks, Graphicool1. I suppose I did think that!! Re your first response, I can't seem to find how to close my original thread. I used to just tick the box that it had been resolved. Clearly I'm still trying to get my head round this new set-up!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad