We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wifi Help

ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

I am loving the new site design!

Anyway: I have a sky broadband and i want to connect a cable broadband router to it to boost my wifi range. This is fine and works well. BUT, i have 2 netbook's, running windows 7 home premium. Both identical AOA150's. My xp laptop and netbook 1 ( il just call the working one this ) can both see the network no problem and connect without any hassle. Netbook 2 cannot even see the network. it picky up my 2 other wifi routers, but not the dlink router. what could this be?

I have tried hard resetting the router to no avail. I'm stumped, it works with everything else, its an 802.11 g/b router running on channel 1. Still, no connection. Any tips?

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Have you tried removing the existing wireless profile from Netbook 2 ?

Try that then rescan for wireless networks , see if you can find it then .

Ashley
Like this post
ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

Ashrich

Thanks, i have removed the profile, adding the network manually, and also cloning the mac address of a working router, but still no. I am just doing a windows update on the adapter but netbook 1 i have only just installed windows 7 and it works.

thanks for the help though. if you think of anything else, dont hesitate to respond.

Ashley

Like this post
ashleycardwell94

Likes # 0

PROBLEM SORTED

An update to the wifi card on netbook 2 was done and the network now appears. Don't know why, it just does!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more