We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Really Sensitive Mouse Button

antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

I own a Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC.

Recently, the mousepad left click has been really sensitive. What I mean is, I barely need to touch the button and it registers a "click" without even pressing it.

You can imagine how annoying this can get. Sometimes, I click and it registers a "double-click" or even more!

Now I have tried fiddling around with the settings and it makes no difference. This is purely a hardware issue. Plus when I use a different mouse via USB port, the settings are fine.

I just wondered what on Earth could cause this and if there is anyway to fix it. I am scared to take the button off cos it is quite firmly fixed. It has been going on for a while and I have kind of accepted that I will always need an extra mouse, but I have been thinking, why? Why is this happening.

Thanks for your help.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I put Toshiba Satellite A300-1MC over sensitive mousepad into google and it seems to be a known issue with them, so you are not the only one.

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Funnily enough this forum post was the top result!

Like this post
antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Also, it only brings up results about the touch pad.....that isn't my problem. My problem is that the LEFT BUTTON is too sensitive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow