We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Webmania

mco

Likes # 0

Does anyone know what's happened to Webmania? I have been with them for 6 years, recommended by people on this forum and have been very happy -indeed, recommended them to others too, I recently renewed a domain name, had the receipt only to find it is not showing - no response to support email; no live help and no answer to phone call- I googled them and found a long list of concerned customers with similar complaints over the last couple of months. Have they gone out of business? How do I get back a domain name that I myself own (according to whois) so I can redirect it to another site with another hosting company?

Like this post
newforestnick

Likes # 0

I endorse this, they were good two years or so ago but are now to be avoided. Nick

Like this post
macattack

Likes # 0

Webmania has now gone into liquidation. I have been having the same problems as lots of people describe here. I've just been in touch with Webmania's liquidators to see if I can get money back for services that I paid for at the beginning of April (I had zero response from anyone at Webmania, after sending many emails and letters, and trying to contact them by phone was impossible). As I paid my money before the liquidation started (beginning of May) I don't think I'll have much luck. The liquidators are giving good advice, but don't sound hopeful to me of claiming any money back - I will still try nethertheless. They also inform me that Nathan Barnes has purchased the assets of Webmania, but how this guy is able to continue running this service by just using a different name is beyond me. I wouldn't touch them and would warn against paying any money to the new YorHost service. You're sure to get the same level of service. Just changing the name, but not the person running things will eventually mean more of the same. If he had even had the decency to reply to one of my emails, it would have been something, but he has treated me and many others with such a level of ignorance that I doubt anything would be different in the future. Google 'Webmania liquidation' and you should find some helpful links if you want to contact the liquidators too

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement