We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it me or Tiscali broaband?

Mike_R

Likes # 0

Is TalkTalk having problems migrating from Tiscali? A few days ago I started getting Error 404 immediately followed by a "sorry can't find it" message from Yahoo but with the bookmarked entry listed below. On clicking on that I usually but not always got the correct page. My mail is shown as not available and then comes up after another try. My desktop was running Firefox 3.5, then 4.0 with no improvement. The OS is Vista. I've tried Explorer and Crome but the result is the same. I've also get the same problems on my laptop which is Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5. The router is Netgear DG 834GT. The Sony 350 Bluray player is also often not able to get the internet service.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Talk Talk (Tiscali) have done most of the merging, but are still 'improving' or altering certain items of service.

I have a number of issues, which are being 'observed' and rectified at higher complaints level. What I suggest that you do, is have a look at the Talk Talk forum, then post your problems there. Usually you get a response from a Talk Talk representative, who will provide an answer or pass the problem onto an higher level.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR search Talk Talk "HELP" link text

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Tiscali replied giving me a DNS number and alternative which I have added to my desktop, laptop and router. Prior to that, the DNS numbers were blank. The performance is now much better.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing