We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Network printer disonnects

SEAWISE DAVE

Likes # 0

I have an HP 7180 Photosmart printer connected wirelessly to a network for remote access from my Sony laptop running W7. The printer is also ethernet connected to my PC Desktop on XP. At intervals the laptop loses wireless connection with the printer and it cannot be detected from the laptop. The printer is tagged as "offline". I can easily reconnect the printer to the network locally and all is well - for a while, before the problem starts again. I never had this issue when running Vista on the laptop up until a few months ago. Any ideas?

Like this post
daisy2bell

Likes # 0

I had this problem, and the remedy was to assign a fixed (static) ip address to the printer.Once I did this I never had the problem again. I can't remember how I did this as it was a while ago. But if you google it you should find an answer.

Like this post
SEAWISE DAVE

Likes # 0

THanks, I will try this!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......