We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Zip Files

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me the best way to turn zip files into MP3s?

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Assuming that the files unzip into some sort of recognised music format, Audacity should be able to make the conversion to MP3 for you. It's free.

Click here

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Pineman, I've actually got Audacity on my machine but I never use it. I had one of those gizmos that purport to turn vinyl into cds, which I thought was the biggest pile of crock and the worst buy I've made for years. They amplify the surface noise...pops, crackles etc to an unlistenable degree and Audacity is needed to remove the racket (It didn't!). Anyway I digress....got it but no idea how to use it!!

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks again Pineman....great.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

First open the "Zip" File and see what's inside.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Cheers Eddie....one WMA file and ten MP3 files. None of them will open.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

What software are you trying to open them with?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As wee eddie suggests you need to 'extract' the zip files first. Can't beat 7-zip for a freebie; 7-zip.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As a PS, Windows can also 'un-pack' most files to another folder. Once extracted you should be able to play these files in WMP. Suggest you downlad k-lite codecs

or media player classic

which will play anything thrown against it.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks very much everyone,but I think you may have overestimated my expertise! Can anyone simplify (Really simplify)what, to me is pretty impenetrable?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback